DANA P.E. – ATHLETES OF THE WEEK!!!!
Congratulations to the following Dana P.E. Athletes for being selected as the Dana Athletes of The Week!!! These Dolphins have gone above and beyond with completing Home Wods, fitness challenges, email communication, and showing P.R.I.D.E. in all things P.E. during distance learning! Keep up the hard work!!
|Coach Alvarez||Coach Cavezza||Coach Corrinet||Coach Shakstad||Coach Thomas|
|6th Gr.||Gaia F.||Sophia M.||Dylan S.||Bianca M.||Jareth C.|
|7th/8th Gr.||Olivia G||Bailey D.||Gabriel P.||Aaron F.||Sophie G.|
HOOAH!!! PODCAST – Home WOD #28
WARM-UP GAME: “Your Add”
1. Find a buddy to play against
2. Both players place both of their hands behind their backs; on the count of “3-2-1- SHOW”, both players show any chosen number of fingers (for example: you can show 4 fingers on your right hand and 3 fingers on your left hand).
3. With the right and the left hands of both players showing, each player tries to ADD together the numbers from all 4 hands. (For example: player A shows 4 fingers on her right hand and 3 fingers on her left hand, and player B shows 2 fingers on his right hand and 5 fingers on his left hand. Add up all four of these numbers 4+3+2+5 and the answer is 14!)
4. The first player to say the correct answer out loud, WINS.
5. Each round, the winner does 10 jumping jacks; the loser does 10 jumping jacks PLUS 3 burpees.
6. Play 5 rounds!
MOVEMENT FOCUS + VIDEO:
STATIONARY LUNGE STEP (1L + 1R = 1 Rep):
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS (1L + 1R = 1 Rep):
SKATER JUMPS (1L + 1R = 1 Rep):
Perform 5 Reps of each exercise:
-Stationary Lunge Step (1R+1L=1 rep)
-Mountain Climbers (1R+1L=1 rep)
-Skater Jumps (1R+1L=1 rep)
COIN FLIP FITNESS GAME!!!!
ONCE COMPLETE WITH ALL HOME WOD COMPONENTS:
-Post your first name/last initial + your workout score down below in the ‘Leave a Reply/Comments’ section (optional, but highly encouraged)!!
-Drink water, eat some protein, wash hands with soap/water, and give yourself a high-five!
-SUBMIT LAST WEEK’S HOME WOD ASSIGNMENT IN CANVAS IF YOU DID NOT SUBMIT ON TIME (SUNDAY NIGHT – 11:59pm)!!!